This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

LOG of global size limit setup

I have setup a size limit inbound mail to 30mb.

This rule works but i doesn't find the relativ log.

Where can i find this?

Thanks.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • The actual setting on the appliance is  configuration / policy / smtp options / general

Keep in mind this size represents the total file size when mime encoded.. I have seen cases were some files have encoded to 200% of the original file size.. a good rule of thumb is 40%

for example, if you wish to allow a 15 meg attachment you should allow 19-22 megs.

this should also be reflected downstream,  you do not want 50 megs on the gateway and 10 megs on exchange. 

If you export the maillog search for reject,. or reject and size.. 

If you don't export or just want to check a particular message

under the search tool, change it to mail logs

enter your info for the message, subject name etc.

then left click on the message to bring up the preview window.. about half way down it will clearly say "rejected for file size limit" 

cheers

• The actual setting on the appliance is  configuration / policy / smtp options / general

Keep in mind this size represents the total file size when mime encoded.. I have seen cases were some files have encoded to 200% of the original file size.. a good rule of thumb is 40%

for example, if you wish to allow a 15 meg attachment you should allow 19-22 megs.

this should also be reflected downstream,  you do not want 50 megs on the gateway and 10 megs on exchange. 

If you export the maillog search for reject,. or reject and size.. 

If you don't export or just want to check a particular message

under the search tool, change it to mail logs

enter your info for the message, subject name etc.

then left click on the message to bring up the preview window.. about half way down it will clearly say "rejected for file size limit" 

cheers

Children
No Data