This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problem with Recipient Verification (ProxyAddresses)

Hi there,

I've got a problem concerning the recipient verification of our Sophos Email Appliance. I have to change the method of recipient validation from "SMTP look-ahead" to "Via Directory Services".

I'm already using LDAP for Web-Quarantine Authentication which works fine. Everything is configured with the default settings provided by the Active Directory auto-detection feature.

Now I just checked the result of the valid recipients query and recognized that only ONE of sometimes several ProxyAddresses of a group was added as a valid recipient which results in getting a undeliverable message for every additional ProxyAddress. 

I also checked the attribute ProxyAddresses of the affected groups in AD. They contain every address, so, from the AD view, it seems to be correct.

Is it possible to get the missing additional ProxyAddresses into the valid recipients table and how can I achieve that?

Thanks a lot,

Volker

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Volker,

You will need to modify your query string and ensure that you add the apporiate smtp: address..  There are essentially 2 types, the primary is denoted as SMTP and the secondaries are smtp

If you want to pull everything from proxy address, something like this may work.. 

(&(|(objectClass=user)(objectClass=group)(objectClass=contact)(&(objectClass=publicFolder)(!(msExchHideFromAddressLists=TRUE))))(%%ATTR_MAIL%%=*)(%%ATTR_ALIAS%%=*))

however as mentioned you can only have one SMTP address.. 

IE:

SMTP:blabla@bala.com,smtp:blabla@blabla.com

the capital SMTP denotes the primary address. 

Keep in mind this is an example query string, do not cut and paste it.. I recommend downloading an LDAP explorer tool and constructing the query to that it conforms with your particular AD setup.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/adexplorer.aspx

may work for you.