This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Outlook Add-in for Office 2016

I recently upgraded my client to Office 2016. They use Sophos SPX Encryption. When I loaded the SPX Outlook-Add in, it failed and was unable to find it anywhere. It doesn't show up under Disabled Add-ins. Is there an updated SPX add-in for Outlook 2016 that I am not finding? 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I would check out 

http://ideas.sophos.com/forums/17359-utm-formerly-asg-feature-requests/suggestions/13648191-outlook-2016-support-for-the-outlook-add-in

and 1 up it.

In short, click to run office products are not supported by the outlook plug in.

Other things you could do is create a message classification and use the meta tag   sensitivity company-confidential  .. then create a header rule in the appliance to encrypt on both a subject line, and the header field.. Like so:

Add SPX rule

under configuration \ policy \ data control or additional policy \ outbound

add
    rule type:
    messages matching specific words or phrases
    enable advanced policy
    next
    rule config:
    click on the regular expressions tab
    .* (period star, no spaces etc)
    add
    next
    message attributes : (2 rules)
    select header
    Name Subject (note the capital S is important)
    check off "is (exact match)"
    value : *encrypt* (or what ever keyword you like) you can also use the contains sub string if you want to look for *encrypt encrypt [encrypt] etc)
    apply

Header
    Name Sensitivity (note the capital again)
    check off "is exact match"
    value company-confidential (all lower case)
    apply

you will now see a check box at the bottom of the rule.. make sure you click "One of the message attributes must be present"

so the rule in the window should read..

Header is:'Subject: *encrypt*'
    OR Header is: Sensitivity: company-confidential

next
    select users
    next
    main action
    encrypt using spx, select your template and you will probably want to check off all 3 boxes..
    additional actions
    next
    rule description
    name it save it.

once your dropped back to the list of policies use the arrows ^ to move it to the top and click save order.