This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Allow/Exclude Non-Existent Domain

We have an email that is sent by one of our parent groups using a mainframe batch job. The email domain does not exist, and so it is being discarded on arrival.

Is there a way to do this without turning off the "Block mail from non-existent domains" option in the SMTP Options area? That would be way too broad and probably a huge security risk.

I'm including a screenshot of the message log, from one of the blocked emails.

And here is the "View log details" info. I removed the email addresses and IP's because they're not relevant:

2017-02-07 09:37:54 mx3 postfix/smtpd[1682]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-dm2gcc01on0061.outbound.protection.outlook.com[--.---.---.--]: 450 4.1.8 <-----@------.--->: Sender address rejected: Domain not found; from=<-----@---------.---> to=<-------@-----------.---> proto=ESMTP helo=<gcc01-dm2-obe.outbound.protection.outlook.com>

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Evening Andrew,

I don't believe what you want to do is possible. The setting to block emails from non-existent domains is set at the perimeter, before rules are processed, so the email is dropped before any rule allowing the non-existent domain could be run.

Hopefully someone from Sophos will tell me I'm an idiot and explain how it can be done.

Regards,

Neil.

• Evening Andrew,

I don't believe what you want to do is possible. The setting to block emails from non-existent domains is set at the perimeter, before rules are processed, so the email is dropped before any rule allowing the non-existent domain could be run.

Hopefully someone from Sophos will tell me I'm an idiot and explain how it can be done.

Regards,

Neil.

Children
No Data