This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Configuring policies for SPX sender specified passwords

When configuring the SPX template for "sender-specified" passwords using tags like {SPX:(password)}, what is the next step in regards to policies?  What do I need to configure in additional policies to make sure the appliance sees those emails with the tags in the subject?  I have tried a bunch of different ways to detect the {SPX:} tag but it has yet to work.  Anyone have a step by step AFTER setting the SPX encryption template?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Christopher,

Here is a little rule I wrote that you can modify as needed.  This rule assumes that you also have the outlook plug-in or that you have manually set the confidential flag in the email manually.

In addition to this rule you will need to make sure that the portal url and port is resolvable from the outside world and points to the IP address of the appliance.

Most people would set it to use port 10443 as often 443 is in use.

under configuration \ policy \ data control or additional policy \ outbound

add
    rule type:
    messages matching specific words or phrases
    enable advanced policy
    next
    rule config:
    click on the regular expressions tab
    .* (period star, no spaces etc)
    add
    next
    message attributes : (Add 2 rules)
    select header
    Name Subject (note the capital S is important)
    check off "is (exact match)"
    value : *encrypt* (or what ever keyword you like) you can also use the contains sub string if you want to look for *encrypt encrypt [encrypt] etc)
    apply

Header
    Name Sensitivity (note the capital again)
    check off "is exact match"
    value company-confidential (all lower case)
    apply

you will now see a check box at the bottom of the rule.. make sure you click "One of the message attributes must be present"

so the rule in the window should read..

Header is:'Subject: *encrypt*'
    OR Header is: Sensitivity: company-confidential

next
    select users
    next
    main action
    encrypt using spx, select your template and you will probably want to check off all 3 boxes..
    additional actions
    next
    rule description
    name it save it.

once your dropped back to the list of policies use the arrows ^ to move it to the top and click save order.

• I have a problem with Apple Mac recipients printing SPX encrypted messages.

I'm really surprised that I'm the first person to notice this, or is there an existing resolution for this?