This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Web portal for email encryption?

Is there an option for recipients of encrypted email to see it on the sophos web portal?  We've had numerous complaints about how SPX works.  The first complaint is how browsers interact with the PDF.  Many of the people we email are using web mail like gmail or hotmail and use either chrome or IE.  They don't have any problems opening the pdf in the browser but if I have an attachment as part of the pdf, the browser won't recognize that.  The far end has to download the attachment to the desktop and open it with a pdf reader like acrobat in order to see the attachment in the pdf.  Trying to explain that to all the different end users and the far end is tedious and wasteful.  The second issue is that if the far end forgets their password then any files I've sent in the past are now no good unless they remember that password.  

Other secure messaging systems use a web portal where the far end logs into to receive email and attachments.  I know the email appliance has a web portal ability, that's how they initially set their password or perform a secure reply.  It also has the ability to show quarantined items to end users (web mail style) so I know it's 90% there.

Does anyone know if there is a way to enable such a portal for encrypted email use similar to other messaging systems?  It would allow me to reset a password and not invalidate all previous messages/files and would be easier for the far end to see attachments.

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Evening,

The short, brutal answer is, no.

SPX is designed so users don't need anything more than a PDF reader to read and reply to encrypted emails. To view attachments they need to use a supported PDF viewer:

https://community.sophos.com/kb/cs-cz/121314

A portal does exist, but only to allow users to reset the password used for the encryption, if the template in use allows them to set their own password.

Regards,

Neil.

• Hi, does anybody have a solution for this? We have lots of end users on different systems including mobiles and we need to send encrypted attachments. We get about 10 complaints per day of end users who don't understand how to get to the attachments. We include a manual but for end users to understand how to install adobe app on the phone and open the PDF with that app is really hard :( 

• Yes, I was able to find a solution for this.  It involved me ditching Sophos and going with a different product and vendor.  Since I made the original post, I've called and talked with support multiple times and my account rep multiple times and they've reached out as far as they could and basically I was told this was not a feature they're looking to implement or work on.  So, short answer, no Sophos will not be changing how this works so if you want pull based encryption you'll need to go with a different vendor.  

• Yes, I was able to find a solution for this.  It involved me ditching Sophos and going with a different product and vendor.  Since I made the original post, I've called and talked with support multiple times and my account rep multiple times and they've reached out as far as they could and basically I was told this was not a feature they're looking to implement or work on.  So, short answer, no Sophos will not be changing how this works so if you want pull based encryption you'll need to go with a different vendor.  

Children
No Data