This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

undelivered mail Returned - exceed size limit

Hi,

if I send an email that exceed size limit .... and as an anti-spam appliance I have ES Sophos ... I receive an undelivered mail Returned

Is it possible to set it?

Thanks,

Michele

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Michele,

there are two settings that will need to match, the first is on the appliance under smtp options and the second is on your exchange server.  If the appliance is set to a higher limit than exchange the message would be rejected as its passed down stream..

keep in mind attachments are mime encoded, so a 1 meg file will encode between 1.2 and 1.5 megs. so 20 meg is more like 16-18 meg. 

the recommended setting is 20 megs on both, unlimited is highly discouraged as there is always someone trying to email their friends some 1080p movie.

• Hi Michele,

there are two settings that will need to match, the first is on the appliance under smtp options and the second is on your exchange server.  If the appliance is set to a higher limit than exchange the message would be rejected as its passed down stream..

keep in mind attachments are mime encoded, so a 1 meg file will encode between 1.2 and 1.5 megs. so 20 meg is more like 16-18 meg. 

the recommended setting is 20 megs on both, unlimited is highly discouraged as there is always someone trying to email their friends some 1080p movie.

Children
No Data