This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Re-route message from SEA to Synaman to complete task and then Synaman directs back to SEA for further processing

So far, I can get SEA to send to Synaman and Synaman to send back to SEA, but I cannot get the SEA to continue for further processing. How do I have the SEA continue processing the message? In this case, I want SEA to scan the content of the email, if fine, move on to Synaman. Once Synman does its job, then send back to SEA for SPX processing and send to recipient.

I set a header flag for the first pass by SEA and it does that fine. Then once the message comes back from Synaman, I am hoping SEA will check for header flag again and if it exist, then sends to SPX process. This isn't happening and it is immediately sent.

I appreciate your help. 

John

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Sounds like your problem is that this other device is an internal host or delivery server..  so when you send the email back its treating it as internal > external.

Sounds like you would be better off either setting up a postfix box to direct mail initially to this other device, then have the sea get the message from it and deliver it down stream. 

without message tracing, logs and access to the appliance its "best" guess .. I would call in and open up a support case.

just for reference..

If you really want to route mail like this your better off setting up one appliance in front of it and have it accept mail and deliver it to this other device.. then set up a second appliance and have it accept mail from the other device and deliverer it down stream ... you will not be able to cluster them as they will share the routing table and you will need separate tables on each appliance. 

another option would be to have a separate outbound appliance that does nothing but spx, configure exchange to only relay encrypted mail to it and make it accessible from the net. 

the appliance always runs ALL policy on every email, then apply the result to it.  so theirs not much point trying to re-scan mail that was already accepted.  another reason the 2 appliance scenario works much better.  

your license includes the virtual appliance 

• RW,

Thank ya for your help! We are a small business (and I am marketing guy that handles email issues) so I have basic understand of this stuff, but it makes sense. Let me read read your message a few times and figure out what we need to do. Thank you!