This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

not able to install intermediate certificate into email appliance , need step by step guide

not able to install intermediate certificate into email appliance ,  need step by step guide  , i tried Godaddy and commodo and import certificate correctly , but when check over the internet using ssl checker always getting the error "Certificate chain You may need to install an Intermediate/chain certificate to link it to a trusted root certificate."   

please i need clear guide how to do it 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Mohammad,

Did you initiate the certificate singing request through the appliance? or did you complete it from the go-daddy site directly? 

see this: https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/39340

the option B: at the end assumes that you did NOT initiate the request from the appliance.

the difference is that if you do the CSR from the appliance, the private key will be stored on the appliance its self .. when you get the response back from your authority... simply click on the complete request and paste in all of the certs

note: there can be no extra space anywhere, at the start, end or between certificates.  (as per part B in the KB above)

If you did not do the CSR from the appliance you will need ensure the entire certificate chain is in the proper order.  Unlike a web site certificate the browser will not "fill in the blanks" if there is a cert missing from the chain it will not fall back and pull it out of the browser store) 

for TLS the entire certificate must be in order and in the proper format with placement, or it will fail. 

I highly recommend using .PEM format.