This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Backup WAN route - restrict outbound traffic

Hi,

On Cyberoam we have a backup WAN route using 4G. Is it possible to configure it so that when it failsover to this route outbound traffic is limited, i.e. to block things like Social Media, Windows Updates etc., leaving only critical destinations allowed?

My first thought was to create a WAN2 zone but it looks like you can't create additional WAN zones, only LAN and DMZ.

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

There is no automatic mechanism as of now available but you can create a firewall rule with your specific requirement in LAN to WAN and place it on top and apply content filtering to block URLs and Application as per your requirement and select route traffic through the gateway as backup WAN link, when there is a failover, manually you may turn on the firewall rule and it will serve the purpose.

Regards,

Keyur
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Support
    Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link

• Hi  

There is no automatic mechanism as of now available but you can create a firewall rule with your specific requirement in LAN to WAN and place it on top and apply content filtering to block URLs and Application as per your requirement and select route traffic through the gateway as backup WAN link, when there is a failover, manually you may turn on the firewall rule and it will serve the purpose.

Regards,

Keyur
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Support
    Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link

Children
No Data