This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Difference between Connection state TIME_WAIT and TIME_WAIT, ASSURED

Dear All,

Yesterday, I have faced an issue that mail clients were failed to connect "Outlook" with port 587 to the mail server. I checked and found that All Connection with my mail server status was shown as "Time_Wait". as per my understanding this is happening becuase

"The port allocated to the end-point in the TIME-WAIT state is still in use, therefore any attempt to establish a new connection to that port is denied. The port of the end-point in the CLOSED state is not in use"

I was able to ping the Server and tracert was also worked. Finally, I have changed my public IP but after sometimes the issue appeared again.  Now I route the traffic over the VPN through my another side for recovery from the emergency condition (works will not affect). After that, all outlooks is connecting to the mail server but now status is showing as "Time_Wait, ASSURED" in the connection table (live connection status).

What is the difference between both?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.