This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Firewall stops printer working wirelessly

Hi Just bought a Canon wireless printer and after a lot of work with their support team have been advised that the Sophos firewall is preventing the printer from working wirelessly.  Before I chuck the printer out the window can anyone offer some simple advice as to how i 'adjust' the firewall? 

Erica

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • First most cannon software allows the printer to have dynamic IP address so it can bounce around. Setup a reservation so it gets the same address. Then open live log to monitor the ip to see what ports are dropping.
  • It helps to allow the BJNP (Bubble Jet Network Printer) protocol, to both the network and the broadcast address. Look into the Firewall log which of udp/tcp 5611 to 5614 to use. Mine worked at 5612.

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order” – Doctor Who

• I assume you are talking about the firewall in the PC? How is the AP setup, can you see it from your PC? Are you using the WIFI of the PC/laptop to talk to the AP? Have you disabled user isolation in the AP?

Ian

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.