This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Anybody else having trouble with Sophos Support not responding to open tickets?

Hi, 

Anybody else having trouble with Sophos Support not responding to open tickets?  I created a ticket 3 weeks ago, I got a response immediately and we worked through the issue for a few days.  Then I sent in a SDU log and they asked for some time to review the log, and it's been 2 weeks.  I've sent multiple emails asking for updates.  I created a new ticket to ask for an update on the old ticket and got no response.  I've called the Support phone number and left a voicemail and received no call back.

I've had issues before that Sophos was really helpful in helping me work through my issue, but this is pretty poor.  

:51088

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Hi  

Please do share the case number, so that I can have it checked with the respective team.

Regards,

Gowtham Mani
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Sure, Case #7755799. I did hear back from them yesterday and they asked for more logs. Hopefully this can get resolved soon. This is a critical issue and is still open.

• Hi  

Thanks for the case number, I see that the case is already escalated to the next level of support. Please give us some time to have an engineer assigned for the case to proceed further.

Regards,

Gowtham Mani
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Gavinr98 said:

Sure, Case #7755799. I did hear back from them yesterday and they asked for more logs. Hopefully this can get resolved soon. This is a critical issue and is still open.

Hi Gavinr98,

I feel compelled to jump in here and explain why the delay is likely having read your case. Your issue is that you upgraded a VMware product and a Sophos firewall is blocking it.

I think you will agree with me that there are a million software applications or more available that send packets of data over a network right? Hence Sophos Technical Support cannot have all these installed, configured, and ready to run when a call comes in. Just because VMware is popular doesn't mean we're geared up to support it. We're not experts on VMware software and do not claim to be. But we do know our own applications.  Hence the delay.  But let me continue...

VMware support are the experts on what ports and processes are likely to get blocked by a firewall (any firewall) and can provide that information - we don't know pure and simple as it's not our product.  I Googled for online information from VMware and there are many results. For example: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.5/com.vmware.vsphere.security.doc/GUID-925370DD-E3D1-455B-81C7-CB28AAF20617.html and https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.0/com.vmware.vsphere.security.doc/GUID-27A340F5-DE98-41A8-AC73-01ED4949EEF2.html 

...and if those links are to the wrong VMware products then I apologize, but it does highlight that I don't know much about VMware! [:)]

If you have added some/all of the exceptions and it's still blocked, or wondering where they should be added, then Sophos can certainly check what exclusions are set and point out in the log what is reported as blocked. This information will allow you to double check and report to VMware that their published advice is not comprehensive.

Now, you could read the above and think that's just buck passing, but from a decade plus of supporting Sophos products it's written to get you the fastest solution. While it's granted that the Sophos product is doing the blocking (that's its job), our support team isn't going to be able to turn on a dime and advise what to do. Personally, if I was back in support and handling the case, I'd honestly push back and advise you contact VMware, however since support have escalated the case, I imagine they are working to find a better answer than mine.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Communities Moderator, SOPHOS
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.