This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HitmanPro.alert

I am using Windows Pro 10. My hitmanpro.alert does not start up automatically although in the services list it says it should. After I have started it manually after a little while it shuts down and I get a message to say that it has been terminated due to a suspicious malicious code and then will not start again. I uninstalled and then reinstalled Sophos but that made no difference. Anyone else had the same issue? Action??

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello  

Does your machine have a detection/alert that needs to be resolved? If yes I would suggest you start with that. Otherwise, could I have you try rebooting the endpoints after updating to see if the service comes back up on its own? 
    If this is unsuccessful in bringing the services back online, please proceed with the following:

1. Browse to C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Cache\decoded\hmpa64\
    2. Copy the folder contents to C:\Program Files (x86)\HitmanPro.Alert\
    Note: Create the folder HitManPro.Alert if this does not already exist
    3. Force a manual update and check if Hitman.pro alert gets installed (You can do this by double-clicking the Sophos System Tray icon, Click About, Click 'Update Now').

If this approach doesn't work, proceed with this step:

1. Rename c:\windows\system32\drivers\hmpalert.sys to hmpalert.sys_OLD
    2. Open a command prompt (ran as administrator)
    3. Enter cd " C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Cache\decoded\hmpa64\"
    4. Enter hmpalert.exe /install /mode=sophos
    5. Force a manual update and check if Hitman.pro alert gets installed (You can do this by double-clicking the Sophos System Tray icon, Click About, Click 'Update Now').

If neither process works I would suggest to start a ticket with Technical Support.