This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Push app IOS

1)  We have a growing Apple environment of about 60+ MacBook pro and 100+ iPhones,  is it possible to push apps from the Sophos central admin console to iPhones and have the apps installed without any action from the users? I often have to call the users to let them know I will be pushing an app so they can accept and it's a pain to call all 100+ users.

2) is there a way to let already installed apps on iPhones do automatic update without necessarily manually pushing the update each time the is one?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Didier,

Regarding question 1:

On supervised iOS devices, Apple allows silent installations. On non-supervised devices, the user will be prompted. This behavior is defined by Apple and is the same for all MDM vendors

To improve your push success rate for on-supervised devices, you might announce your installation via a push message shortly before sending the app

Regarding question 2:

Normally all apps on an iPhone automatically update, unless the user has disabled this feature. Only on supervised devices, the server can control this behavior

I hope this helps in your implementation of Sophos Mobile

Thomas  

• Hi Didier,

Regarding question 1:

On supervised iOS devices, Apple allows silent installations. On non-supervised devices, the user will be prompted. This behavior is defined by Apple and is the same for all MDM vendors

To improve your push success rate for on-supervised devices, you might announce your installation via a push message shortly before sending the app

Regarding question 2:

Normally all apps on an iPhone automatically update, unless the user has disabled this feature. Only on supervised devices, the server can control this behavior

I hope this helps in your implementation of Sophos Mobile

Thomas  

Children
No Data