This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Push app IOS

1)  We have a growing Apple environment of about 60+ MacBook pro and 100+ iPhones,  is it possible to push apps from the Sophos central admin console to iPhones and have the apps installed without any action from the users? I often have to call the users to let them know I will be pushing an app so they can accept and it's a pain to call all 100+ users.

2) is there a way to let already installed apps on iPhones do automatic update without necessarily manually pushing the update each time the is one?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Didier,

Regarding question 1:

On supervised iOS devices, Apple allows silent installations. On non-supervised devices, the user will be prompted. This behavior is defined by Apple and is the same for all MDM vendors

To improve your push success rate for on-supervised devices, you might announce your installation via a push message shortly before sending the app

Regarding question 2:

Normally all apps on an iPhone automatically update, unless the user has disabled this feature. Only on supervised devices, the server can control this behavior

I hope this helps in your implementation of Sophos Mobile

Thomas