This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Help: Me device is enrolled and do not know why or how!

My device has been acting strange for 2 months. I figured i was “hacked”. Technical support via the manufacturer was of no help. I have been actively observing my devices behavior, and via some funtional testing came across a strange link that had a protocol prefix ive never seen before (”fm1://”). It was basically hidden in the UI of a pop up notifivation. I copied the link into a browser and that led me to Straight the member log in portal. A quick google search led me to some support documents here- to my shock they match my device’s behavior. Everything that affected my device’s strange, limited behavior matched the limitations and modifications one can set via Sophos. I never signed up for this, my device is not under any enrollment program. I am not even employed by a group snd my device was bought straight from a cellular provider. Clearly this is a major issue, as its disrupted my life. Furthermore It is a security risk for Sophos. I called support but was told to post here instead. This is a severe issue. Sophos, you have clients that abuse your services. Please respond.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Was not expecting a reply, and so far no one has replied anyway.

Im figuring Sophos is just going to pretend this post never happened. As long as you have the money coming in, Sophos, who cares what your customers ate doing woth your services?

I can only imagine the massively shady operations you host.

Im not trying to be a whistleblower, cause damage, etc. I just want to find out WHY im enrolled, HOW it happened, and WHAT to do in order to get your “services” off of my private device.

Do you understand? Does anybody? Or is this nothing but a community that turns its head when something ugly surfaces?

• Hi,

I am sorry to see you suffer from an issue, which reads like an attack. But unfortunately you provided so little information in your post, that it is hard to give you an immediate help

Therefore can you please provide the following details:

• Which device type and model are you using?
    • What Sophos solution/app/webpage are you talking about?
    • Why do you think your issues are Sophos related?
    • Can you provide any screenshots, which help?

Thank you