This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Discuss partner pricing/ success with maintenance heavy Sophos

After going through all of the training and testing Sophos products I'm very curious what people who use this think about the Sophos ecosystem.  The one thing I've noticed is that throughout the training modules they make the point have "how easy" it is to deploy and manage Sophos.  But that has not been my experience at all.  In fact, it's been riddled with bugs and issues that constantly require support tickets and research to resolve.  So I've asked myself, easy compared to what?

These have been my observations so far. 

Sophos Central seems to unglue from its endpoints and devices.  I just installed an endpoint the other day and it still got a green check next to it in the dashboard.  I've also seen issues where an XG firewall does not sync correctly and we wound up having to manage it directly or making a setting on central that never gets "pushed" to an endpoint resulting in a laborious manual checklist to resolve.

I realize the nature of the product that some features will just take more time to implement and customize for a client.  But to me, it doesn't make sense that by default, the restrictions are so tight they break the most basic apps on roll out.  It should be the other way around IMO.  In our test scenario, it broke Outlook & O365, and we had to approve that application in the firewall.  Boggles the mind a bit.

Compared to Peplink, setting up a firewall was a bit of a pain and not intuitive.  I get that the features are far more superior, but from a user experience, Sophos isn't there yet.  I guess compared to Cisco or others it's "easier" but the inconsistency and issues kind of wype that advantage away.

I'm interested to know how many partners are happy with Sophos and if/how they account for the extra admin time it takes to keep this product up and running.  Also what size/type clients do you see the most success implementing Sophos with?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.