This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

A orange bar that shows Encrypting would show up as I type on my keyboard. What is that? Is it something part of Sophos?

Hello,

I don't know what happen but today when I started typing anything on my PC, an orange bar that shows Encrypting would show up on the bottom right of my screen. 

And next to it, it would look like a sophos logo in green. 

I never come across this before, so I'm curious and would want to verify if this is part of Sophos feature? 

If yes, why it didnt' show up previously and it shows up now. 

Thanks. 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • It seems that some people (possibly everyone on free) has been switched to a premium trial with the recent Sophos update. I have asked Sophos for an explanation as I read "encrypting" and, after remembering the spurious keyboard warning thought that I had activated some Ransome ware! I  then hit the power off and it has been off until Sophos confirm to me what has happened. If they have deliberately activated premium trials without a user's permission then I will be very annoyed.

• So how did you turn the encrypting function? I turned it off and on and it's still the same. 

OR is there a way to disable to premiumtrial?

Thanks. 

• Not sure. My computer has stopped doing it now even though I haven't changed any settings in Sophos. I did notice a Sophos update yesterday so that may have done something. Sophos haven't come back to me yet.

• Hi Wee, 

This is a feature named Protect against Keyloggers, which will protect identity and password against keyloggers which can secretly record your keystrokes. If you want the feature to be turned off you have can log in to Sophos Home Dashboard > Protection > Web > Safe online banking > Protect against Keyloggers you can toggle between On/Off based on your requirement. 

If you want to disable the visual presentation of the orange bar, Log in to the Sophos Home Dashboard > Protection > Exploits > Preferences > Advanced Settings > Live keystroke encryp. in the colored border, You can turn this On/Off based on your requirement.

Let me know if this helps resolve your query.

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.