This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Which training plan would be recommended.

Hello,

First OP here. With the North American training schedule going through Ingram. As someone that will be installing and administering to multiple XG Firewall devices over a multi node environment. Which would be better training initially.

"Sophos Certified Administrator - Sophos XG Firewall C080" or  "Sophos Certified Architect - XG Firewall v16.5 - AO80"

Where should I start my training journey and why?! Any help/insight would be appreciated.

Cheers

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I've been wondering this myself, recently started deploying XGs as edge devices, and have been getting burned continuously. I think we are about 50/50 bugs and misconfigurations. Does Ingram offer classroom courses, or only online?

• Hello Jeremy,

Firstly, sorry to hear of the woes you have been having. I have only seen online courses from Ingram. Onsite courses I believe are not offered in North America. Perhaps they were at one point.

• After reaching out to Ingram. They recommend the "Sophos Certified Administrator - Sophos XG Firewall CO80" as initial training, with the follow up of the "Sophos Certified Architect - XG Firewall v16.5 - AO80". 

Does anyone have any experience with either, or just Ingram Micro Training in general?

• If you were like me when I began didn’t know what to do. I just kind of wondered the gym doing mostly machine workouts.

This will give you some structure get you headed in the right direction. It’s going to hit every muscle group in your body and you’re going to feel amazing doing this workout.