This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Active Directory | User keeps getting locked out

Hey,

I have an AD account that keeps getting locked automatically after a few minutes. The user is able to log in on the initial unlocking of the account but gets locked out there after. I have checked my account lockout policy and this is fine. Not something I've come across.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thank you in advance.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi There,

One of the reasons for the frequent lockout of user's accounts was performing a password change. When a user saved all its passwords on windows vault and performs a password reset, the old password will still acknowledge until you have remove it to your windows credential manager. The second was when users logged in to a different device and forgot to log out, and then they performed password change later on. The solution was to use the account lockout tool provided by Microsoft to troubleshoot the account lockout issue that your end-users are facing and find the source of lockout.

Glenn ArchieSeñas (GlennSen)
    Global Community Support Engineer

The New Home of Sophos Support Videos!  Visit Sophos Techvids
  • Hi There,

One of the reasons for the frequent lockout of user's accounts was performing a password change. When a user saved all its passwords on windows vault and performs a password reset, the old password will still acknowledge until you have remove it to your windows credential manager. The second was when users logged in to a different device and forgot to log out, and then they performed password change later on. The solution was to use the account lockout tool provided by Microsoft to troubleshoot the account lockout issue that your end-users are facing and find the source of lockout.

Glenn ArchieSeñas (GlennSen)
    Global Community Support Engineer

The New Home of Sophos Support Videos!  Visit Sophos Techvids
Children
No Data