This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Enterprise Console (5.5.2) reporting 0 endpoints connected, all listed 'not since ....' - but the SUM and Endpoints report no problems

Hey,

Strange one. All of our endpoints suddenly stopped connecting to our SEC a few days ago. The bulk of the endpoints all list the same date and time as when they were last up-to-date.

However, when checking the status of the endpoints themselves, they appear up-to-date and can connect and check for updates just fine.

The SUM itself doesn't appear to have any errors either - updates are running and downloading as normal.

Would you be able to provide some hints/tips on where I can investigate this issue further?

Many thanks in advance!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello JustinPetszaft ,

first of all, to dispel a common misconception, communication (RMS) and updating (AutoUpdate) are independent. When connecting to the server they use different ports (8192 and 8194 the former and 445 or 80 the latter) and protocols. Thus updating can be working whereas communication does not and v.v. 

That all endpoints have apparently lost RMS connectivity around the same time but SUM is reporting (and I assume the server itself appears as connected and up to date) suggests a networking issue: Endpoints can't connect to the server's 8192 and/or 8194.

Christian

• Hello JustinPetszaft ,

first of all, to dispel a common misconception, communication (RMS) and updating (AutoUpdate) are independent. When connecting to the server they use different ports (8192 and 8194 the former and 445 or 80 the latter) and protocols. Thus updating can be working whereas communication does not and v.v. 

That all endpoints have apparently lost RMS connectivity around the same time but SUM is reporting (and I assume the server itself appears as connected and up to date) suggests a networking issue: Endpoints can't connect to the server's 8192 and/or 8194.

Christian

Children
No Data