This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Windows Server 2016 Support?

Good Morning,

I am just curious as to when we can expect Microsoft Windows Server 2016 to be supported for installation of anti-virus/protection via Sophos Enterprise Console.

Thank you,

Matt

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Matt,

you want to use Protect Computers for a Server 2016 endpoint?
    Just curious - you're already running 2016 and if, did you attempt to install SESC? Asking because 2016 is not yet (updated at the beginning of November) listed in Supported Windows platforms ... but interestingly already mentioned in Information on Sophos Enterprise Console 5.4.0 (Correctly reports Windows 8.1, Windows 2012 R2, Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 operating systems).  

Christian

• Hi Christian,

Yes I am talking about using "Protect Computers". We have SEC 5.4.0 so it does represent the OS in the computer description, which is not an issue.

Currently, when attempting to push out Anti-virus through "protect computers" on a WS2016 system, the following message appears: "The applied software subscription does not contain software this computer can use."

To be more clear, using a "recommended" subscription for products, when might it be possible to deploy software to a windows server 2016 OS?

Thank you,

Matt

• Hello Matt,

sorry, I'm not Sophos, so I can just make guesses.
    Apparently Recommended (10.6.3) is not Server 2016 ready. At least it looks like SEC thinks it could handle it (whether it actually does is another story - but then it already recognizes the OS). The Preview 10.6.4.1 is also doesn't support 2016 so .... Sophos isn't known to rush platform support and I guess there will be another preview before a supporting Recommended version. This could be the forthcoming 10.6.5 (estimated release 03/2017) so if you're lucky it's GA in Q2/2017. If you're really lucky I'm totally wrong and the 10.6.4 Recommended will be flagged as 2016 compatible and it'll be early 2017.
    BTW: Did you (just for the fun of it) try to install SESC manually on a test server (something I would do, call me adventurous)? 

Christian

• Hi Christian,

Thanks for your feedback. I haven't tried manually installing it just yet but it is worth a shot as this is only a test box. If it does work I will be sure to respond to this thread.

As for an answer to this question we will have to wait for a Sophos rep to chime in =)

Thanks,

Matt

• Hi Christian,

Thanks for your feedback. I haven't tried manually installing it just yet but it is worth a shot as this is only a test box. If it does work I will be sure to respond to this thread.

As for an answer to this question we will have to wait for a Sophos rep to chime in =)

Thanks,

Matt

Children
No Data