This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Endpoint re-install onto Oracle Linux Oracle 7.6

One of my colleagues uninstalled Sophos endpoint from an Oracle Linux 7.6 server and tried to re-install v 9.16.2 from a mounted location (as he usually does) but is getting an Input/output error /media /savshare /savi /sav.

Anyone able to advise on how to get this re-installed?

Thanks in advance

John

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Christian,

Thanks for your reply. Not being a Linux person myself, I'm not 100% sure either. If I were to run it local what would need to be copied over? I'm guessing the contents of ....\CIDs\S000\savlinux from the SUM. Presuming installing it this way, it will still get its updates and report back to the SEC?

John

• Hello John,

yup, you copy the \savlinux directory. Whoever runs the install has IIRC to answer some prompts (type of install, update location) - it's not like with Windows that the update location is automatically set to the location of install.sh/setup.exe.

Christian

• Thanks again Christian, I'll get one of the guys to try this and report back! It'll probably be next week at the earliest though!!

Cheers

John