This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Endpoint causing chkdisk errors on Windows 10 Thin Client with Unified Write Filter - UWF

Hello,

We have Windows 10 Enterprise deployed on HP MT21 Thin Clients with the Unified Write Filter feature enabled. We have implemented the recommended uwf exclusions.  However, we are experiencing chkdsk errors that MSFT support has indicated is likely the result of Sophos scanning operations, both on demand and on access scans.

We are running Endpoint 10.8

Does anyone have any experience with Sophos Endpoint causing chkdsk errors on a system with UWF enabled?

Thanks,

Robert

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Robert,

Can you please help us with more details like screenshot of the error you get while you run chkdsk? Can you also help me with identifying the component involved in this issue by following this article? This would prove to be very helpful in analyzing and progressing further.

Regards,

Adithyan Thangaraj
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hello,

I have abandoned the use of UWF at this time as it seemed to be causing other inexplicable issues. 

Sophos support technician said it was likely a result of the device control capability being used on the UWF enabled system. He advised not to use device control on a system with UWF enabled. 

Otherwise this question can be closed out. 

Thanks for the response,

Robert

• Hello,

I have abandoned the use of UWF at this time as it seemed to be causing other inexplicable issues. 

Sophos support technician said it was likely a result of the device control capability being used on the UWF enabled system. He advised not to use device control on a system with UWF enabled. 

Otherwise this question can be closed out. 

Thanks for the response,

Robert

Children
No Data