This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Download requires the completion of Software Export Compliance

Hello. Tell me, please, how to download the installer? Tried as advised here. Everything seems normal just after the EULA the Download button button appears which redirects me to  this form. Since the answers to all the points are missing, the download does not begin. What to do?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Addition.
    Perhaps somehow affects Sophos Crimea Guidance Note? But I'm not in the Crimea and not in Russia, and in my city do not conduct an anti-terrorist operation.

• I have tried submitting this compliance form several times, had been waiting for weeks, then given up.

Since then I never heard back from anybody from Sophos.

Frankly speaking this situation builds a vivid and accurate impression on what this company is worth for.

Like I reported before, I choose different good and reliable antivirus for Linux with customer oriented support  department.

• Hi  

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. As I asked the same question in another thread, would you please PM me with the case number which you opened with the customer care team?

Once the form is submitted, you should be able to download the installer from the page itself.

Regards,

Jasmin
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Support

Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link

• Oddly I decided to give Sophos one more chance.  [^o)]  Free antivirus for Windows didn't impress me at all. So I made the final attempt to test Sophos for Linux.

First of all I checked "My account" to be certain that I don't have any available downloads and that my credentials are accepted by the site. [Y] Passed.

Then I followed this link: https://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/free-tools/sophos-antivirus-for-linux.aspx [Y]

Then "Get started": https://secure2.sophos.com/en-us/products/free-tools/sophos-antivirus-for-linux/download.aspx [Y]

I entered my email and name as requested, clicked "Submit".

Sophos thanked me for "interest in Sophos Antivirus for Linux" and presented text "sav-linux-free-9.tgz" along with "Download" button.

As anticipated I was immediately frightened with strong requirements to adhere export compliant policies. 

I accepted the agreement and proceeded with "Submit". [|-)]

Then I had to again enter my name and although I chose Job role "Home user/Student" that stupid form asked me about Company and Industry as mandatory fields. Isn't it ridiculous? [*-)]

Side note - can I trust personal information and intellectual property on my computer to a company which failed to develop a simple web form matching questions asked there?

Upon submitting I was praised for filling in it with another warning about the U.S. government. [li]

Pretty soon an email visited my mail box informing about "[ITCC] Export Compliance failure notification". [8o|] This fact definitely proves that at least emails from Sophos reach me and aren't lost. [H]

The email read that "If you don’t have a Sophos ID account, please click this link and create one as you will need it to access the software". Well, I have the account, I've had it for months and that never expedited issuing the license for one poor free software product.

Maybe it's worth to mention that I passed through these steps as many times as I cannot count already. [N]

I started requesting the free license in February 2020. In May 2020 the process hasn't moved any step further. This time miracle did 't happen either.

Shame on you.

• Hi  

I sincerely apologize for this experience. This is unusual, would you please PM me the case number if you have registered with Customer care team for this issue? As they should be able to help you with this issue. 

Shweta

Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Are you a Sophos Partner? | Product Documentation@SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.
    The New Home of Sophos Support Videos! - Visit Sophos Techvids
Reply Children
No Data