This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to undo "cleanup" that automatically deleted a bunch of stuff I need without ever asking me?

I just ran Sophos for the first time on the advice of a web IT writer that I formerly trusted for advice. 

Aside from for some reason communicating a bunch of private information about my local machine and software to Sophos's servers, it decided on its own that a bunch of my apps were "unwanted", and "cleaned" (deleted) them without ever asking me... my Monero wallet, some stuff I use for legitimate pentesting solely on my own servers, etc. 

It did give me one popup for one of the apps, which I specifically did NOT tell it to "clean" because I need it. Now it's gone. The app is there but when I open the package the binary and all files are gone now, it's just an empty package now. 

How do I undo this broken "cleanup" before I delete Sophos from my Mac forever? I looked in the trash but the missing stuff isn't there. How do I tell it to put all the things I need back where they are supposed to be?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hey Moe!

It depends on the types of file but, in general, you can follow this process to restore your files from within the Central Admin itself.

We don't have a traditional "quarantine" per se but we have a technology we call the SafeStore. Your files should still reside in the SafeStore database and, if the above process doesn't let you release the files you're looking for, reach out to Sophos Technical Support and raise a ticket. They have a process to access the store directly and restore files (commonly used, on request, to gather malware samples for SophosLabs investigations).

Hope this helps!

• Hey Moe!

It depends on the types of file but, in general, you can follow this process to restore your files from within the Central Admin itself.

We don't have a traditional "quarantine" per se but we have a technology we call the SafeStore. Your files should still reside in the SafeStore database and, if the above process doesn't let you release the files you're looking for, reach out to Sophos Technical Support and raise a ticket. They have a process to access the store directly and restore files (commonly used, on request, to gather malware samples for SophosLabs investigations).

Hope this helps!

Children
No Data