The Global Policy introduces to the Sophos Partner the ability to manage global settings and base policies for their managed customers in their Sophos Central Partner dashboard.
The following sections are covered:
Applies to the following Sophos products and versions Sophos Central Partner
1. Log in to the Sophos Central Partner then click Settings & Policies.
2. Under Global customer settings, click Global templates.
Note: The Global Templates page will appear.
3. Click the Add template button.
4. Provide the name and description for your template in the Add global template page.
5. Click the Save button.
Note: Once the new template is created you will now need to assign a customer to the template.
6. Click Edit customers to select the customer(s) that this template will be applied to.
Note: The Edit customers page allows you to select and assign customers you want to apply the template too.
7. In this example, the customer Angies List has been selected and the template has been assigned to it.
8. Click the Save button.
9. At the lower right-side, the message Updated customers will appear.
10. Go to the Global settings tab to configure and customize your template.
11. To configure and customize your base policy settings for customers in your template, go to the Base policies tab.
Note: Once done in customizing and configuring the template, it can now be pushed to the customer(s).
12. Click the Push to customers button.
13. Click the Push button.
14. During the ongoing push, the displayed message is Push to customers in progress. You cannot edit customers or templates until push is complete.
Push to customers in progress. You cannot edit customers or templates until push is complete
15. Once the sync has been completed, a green check icon will appear under the Push status column for the customer(s).
16. The Global Templates page will show this current information as well as for all the other configured templates.
Sign up to the Sophos Support SMS Notification Service to get the latest product release information and critical issues.
Every comment submitted here is read (by a human) but we do not reply to specific technical questions. For technical support post a question to the community. Or click here for new feature/product improvements. Alternatively for paid/licensed products open a support ticket.