Applicable Version: 02.03.0 Build 307 onwards
There might be instances when the administrator wants to roll back to a previous configuration due to some existing erroneous configurations or functional difficulties.CCC facilitates Policy Version Control to maintain revision history of configuration changes of managed appliances.
Revisions are the configuration changes synchronized by CCC and stored in CCC repository.This feature helps administrator to achieve this objective without putting manual efforts. CCL also includesSystem Snapshot which is a backup of entire configuration where OS is considered as the base version.
Once the CCL is enables, it allows the administrator to:
· View change list of affected configuration settings
· View details of configuration changes
· Compare different versions of configurations
· Take configuration snapshot
· Restore system configuration snapshot
· Roll-back to previous configuration
· There can be maximum three snapshots for an appliance.
· Configuration roll back is possible up to the last snapshot only.
· If an appliance is no longer managed by CCC, the revision history for the appliance will remain in CCC until not purged manually.
Configure and manage Change Control in CCC.
You must be logged on to the Web Admin Console as an administrator with Read-Write permission for relevant feature(s).
Step 1: Enable CCL
CCL (Change Control List) for CCC appliances can be enabled in the following three ways:
Once enabled, CCC will maintain configuration change list for all new appliances added. A Change List will comprise of revision-wise detailed change list of each configuration synchronized by CCC.
2. Enable CCL for specific added appliances
If CCL is not enabled by default for all managed appliances (as shown in the previous step), you can enable it for selected appliances.
· Go to Management Console > Appliance Management > Appliances and select the appliance for which CCL is to be enabled.
· Check Enable Change Control (CCL) to enable CCL for the appliance.
· Click OK to complete.
If CCL is not enabled by default for all new appliances, you can enable it while adding the appliance.
· Go to Management Console > Appliance Management > Appliances and click Add to add a new appliance.
· Complete other appliance settings.
Step 2: View Configuration Changes
To view and manage configuration revisions of managed appliances, go to Management Console > Appliance Management > Change Control. Select the appliance from the list of appliances to view the revisions.
To view the revision history, click View Revision.
To view the difference with previous version, click .
Step 3: Manage System Snapshots
System Snapshot is a backup of entire configuration where OS is the base version.
System Snapshots are automatically generated in following cases:
· If the managed appliance is in unsynchronized state and any configuration change is pending, CCC tries to synchronize the appliance and generates System Snapshot
· After a factory reset of managed appliance
· After a firmware upgrade on managed appliance
· If CCL is enabled by default, System Snapshot will be taken each month automatically.
Alternatively,the administrator can take system snapshot(s) manually also, go to Management Console > Appliance Management > Change Control and click Create Snapshot.
Step 4: ManageRollback of configuration changes
The administrator can revert the configuration changes using CCC’s Change Control functionality.To revert the configuration changes done in the revision, go to Management Console > Appliance Management > Change Control and click against the revision.
Document Version 1.0 – 23 March, 2015
Every comment submitted here is read (by a human) but we do not reply to specific technical questions. For technical support post a question to the community. Or click here for new feature/product improvements. Alternatively for paid/licensed products open a support ticket.