This article explains how to migrate SafeGuard Easy (SGE) or SafeGuard Disc Encryption (SDE) Policy Editor v. 5.x and above, to a new machine.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s) SafeGuard EasySophos SafeGuard Disk Encryption
1. Back up SafeGuard certificates
2. Back up the SafeGuard database
5. Close the Policy Editor
3. Restore the SafeGuard database to the new server. (Perform these steps on the new server.)
Restore the database through the SQL Management Studio GUI:
Restore the database using a SQL Query:
RESTORE DATABASE SafeGuard FROM DISK = 'C:\SGNDBBackup.bak' WITH MOVE 'oldDBname_Data' TO 'path of data folder\Safeguard.mdf', MOVE 'oldDBname_Log' TO 'path of data folder\SafeGuard.ldf'
4. Migrate the Policy Editor to the new server. (Perform these steps on the new server.)
5. Finalising the migration.
Note: Ensure you make backups once migration is complete.
Every comment submitted here is read (by a human) but we do not reply to specific technical questions. If you need technical support please post a question to our community. Alternatively for licensed products open a support ticket.