Big Sur EAP stopping access to Exchange & Microsoft update

We installed the Big Sur Endpoint EAP last night on one of our Macs and the Mac now wont connect to the MS Exchange for any of our email accounts on that machine.  It also stopped the Microsoft update app from finding a connection.  We've tested it in Outlook 365 and Apple Mail and the problem continues.

Other Mac's (not running Big Sur) on the same network can still access MS Exchange.  This is the only device that is having problems and its since the EAP install.

I uninstalled the EAP on the device this morning and the Mac now works fine, with access to MS Exchange & MS update working no problems.

• What feature is impacted?
    • See above
  • What is the severity of the issue?
    • High for me as we rely on emails.
  • Summary of the issues:
    • See above.
  • Observed behavior (What it did or didn’t do):
    • Office 
  • How do we reproduce it (Provide instructions to help us reproduce the behavior):
    • There was a recent Microsoft update (for all 365 apps) that would of installed on my Mac around the same time - maybe that caused an issue if no one else is reporting this?
  • Frequency (How often this occurs):
    • Happens every time I try to use Outlook 365 or Apple Mail or the Microsoft update app.
  • Desired behavior:(How is it expected to or should behave):
  • Environment (what hardware/software are you using):
    • Sophos is the only software that would be affecting traffic.
  • Other (Any other detail that we need to know about):
  • Supporting logs, tool output, etc.  
    • Dont have any.
Parents Reply
  • Hi Matt,

10.0.4 is now GA, meaning it's the version for all regardless of EAP status.

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having troubles and I assure you that the team still working hard to improve the experience.

I would recommend raising a case through Support.

Did you get the workaround to work at all? It will disable network protections but keep file based detections (such as real-time scanning, on-demand scanning and cryptoguard) enabled

In Central amend, or create new, policies to disable:

• Threat Protection
        • Real-time Scanning - Internet

• Scan downloads in progress
          • Block access to malicious websites
        • Remediation
          • Enable threat case creation
          • Protect network traffic
    • Web Control
      • Disable Web Control 

Once the features are disabled rebooting the machine will ensure the network extension is not loaded.

Children
No Data