Configuration Profile for Proxy Configuration

When you install the 10.0.2 EAP on a macOS 11 Big Sur computer, you are presented with a dialog requesting access for SophosWebNetworkExtension to create a proxy configuration. Is there a way to eliminate this dialog with a configuration profile from an MDM?

Proxy Configuration dialog

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi David, sorry for the delay in the reply. I know the issue was related to Sophos as once I have uninstalled it Zscaler is working fine. Zscaler is not using kernel extensions as I didn't have to allow it in the Security and Privacy. In fact, no other application at my end required this access. Once the application was uninstalled, I have installed 10.0.1 again and tested the functionality. All was fine with the exception of the engines that were not working on Big Sur. Then I have added the device to my EAP and updated to 10.0.2 and this time all worked fine.

It is difficult to say what exactly was happening but when I was looking through the Zscaler Client App I could see that the tunnel used by Zscaler was not coming up hence both ZIA and ZPA were not working.

Since then, I have few devices that have updated to 10.0.2 and they seem to be working fine so the issue might be specific to my test device setup/. I will continue to monitor the behaviour and will report here if I pick up anything else out of the ordinary.

Regards,