This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't open safeguard managment console

Hello

This is my first installation of safegaurd encryption, i fllow the steps of SGNInstallAdvisor, but after it install the first component, i try to open the managment console to begin the configuration but it won't open !!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • What does it do? Anything at all? Opens and crashes? Which component does it install?

Edit to add - What version is this too please?

• hello

thank you for ur ansewr, the version is v8, i use server 2008, yes the console opens and crashes in mili secondes, i deleted this machine of server 2008, i just deployed server2012 and i'll try if i'll get any problem i'll contact you brother

• Ah OK - So you're going to try a fresh install onto a Server 2012 instance? Are you installing SQL on this vm/box too or are you hosting that elsewhere?

I'm assuming you've checked Event Viewer for the (basic) detail it has in there?

Just off the top of my head I would suggest a dot net framework issue, so to make sure that all updates are installed before the install begins.

I've done just a few installs and generally it's been straight forward, but I'll do my best to help?

• Ah OK - So you're going to try a fresh install onto a Server 2012 instance? Are you installing SQL on this vm/box too or are you hosting that elsewhere?

I'm assuming you've checked Event Viewer for the (basic) detail it has in there?

Just off the top of my head I would suggest a dot net framework issue, so to make sure that all updates are installed before the install begins.

I've done just a few installs and generally it's been straight forward, but I'll do my best to help?

Children