This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Safeguard Server File Encryption Backup Manual

Hi

Is there any official Sophos Safeguard Enterprise Backup howto Document.
Just need to be sure that I will have all components in case of need to recovery my Safeguard
Server and Active Directory.

Do I just need the Organization and Administrator Certificates (Export Function in Console)?

Kind regards

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Haridoss

Thanks.

I am not sure but I think there are no information specially for the file encryption enterprise solution?

For an example. If we expect that my complete IT infrastructur has gone (dc, fileserver, safeguard server, Clients).

I have a backup of my fileshare (but those files are safeguard encrypted) and I need to recover just only the data as fast as possible.

So I can restore my files from backup, but those are in encrypted state. What ecxactly do I need to do to encrypt my files?

Kind regards

• Hi  

In order to recover from any disaster, you need the backup the following items:

1. Company Certificate and Password

2. MSO Certificate and Password

3. Safeguard Database

You can export the Company and MSO certificate from the console. Please refer to the article How to export the company and Master Security Officer certificate. Let me know if this helps resolve your question.

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.