Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SafeGuard server install on server 2022 asp 4.8

Afternoon,

Just wondering if anyone has managed to get the above to work.

I've tried several times and each time when I browse to localhost/sgnsrv I get 404.3 site not found.

The install goes without error and all the files appear to be there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Neil,

Thank you for reaching out to the Sophos Community Forum.

What may help in the initial installation process is to use the "SGN Install Advisor" as this will cover many of the prerequisites and requirements for the installation to behave as expected. 

Regarding the error you are seeing, I recommend enabling ASP.NET, .NET Extensibility,SAPI Extensions, and SAPI Filters.

Go into Server Manager > Add Roles and Features > Installation Type > Server Selection > Server roles > Expand Web Server > Expand Application Development > Enable ASP.NET 4.5.
    This will automatically enable ISAPI Extensions, ISAPI Filters, and .NET Extensibility 4.5, which are also required

Let me know if this works for you. 

Kushal Lakhan
    Team Lead, Global Community Support
    Connect with Sophos Support, get alerted, and be informed.
    If a post solves your question, please use the "Verify Answer" button.
    The New Home of Sophos Support Videos!  Visit Sophos Techvids
  • Hello Neil,

Thank you for reaching out to the Sophos Community Forum.

What may help in the initial installation process is to use the "SGN Install Advisor" as this will cover many of the prerequisites and requirements for the installation to behave as expected. 

Regarding the error you are seeing, I recommend enabling ASP.NET, .NET Extensibility,SAPI Extensions, and SAPI Filters.

Go into Server Manager > Add Roles and Features > Installation Type > Server Selection > Server roles > Expand Web Server > Expand Application Development > Enable ASP.NET 4.5.
    This will automatically enable ISAPI Extensions, ISAPI Filters, and .NET Extensibility 4.5, which are also required

Let me know if this works for you. 

Kushal Lakhan
    Team Lead, Global Community Support
    Connect with Sophos Support, get alerted, and be informed.
    If a post solves your question, please use the "Verify Answer" button.
    The New Home of Sophos Support Videos!  Visit Sophos Techvids
Children
No Data