This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Difference Encyption on Sophos Central and built-in bitlocker....

Hi,
actually we use SafeGuard on Prem. and we plan to migrate to Encryption module to Sophos Central.
I think Sophos Encryption is based on Windows bitlocker.
Whats the advantages of Sophos Encryption over the onboard bitlocker method?

Thanks and regards
Dennis

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

For Central Device Encryption, we turn on and leverage Bitlocker on the machine and store the recovery key for you. Sophos does not use a different encryption process other than Bitlocker (or FileVault if its a Mac).

For On-Prem, we did use to have a proprietary encryption solution that was for Windows 7 and earlier - but for Windows 8+ it was Bitlocker.

The benefits that Central Device Encryption offers is strict policy enforcement and easy recovery key management.

I hope this answers your questions.

RichardP

Program Manager, Support Readiness | CISSP | Sophos Technical Support
    Support Videos | Product Documentation | @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.

• Hi,

For Central Device Encryption, we turn on and leverage Bitlocker on the machine and store the recovery key for you. Sophos does not use a different encryption process other than Bitlocker (or FileVault if its a Mac).

For On-Prem, we did use to have a proprietary encryption solution that was for Windows 7 and earlier - but for Windows 8+ it was Bitlocker.

The benefits that Central Device Encryption offers is strict policy enforcement and easy recovery key management.

I hope this answers your questions.

RichardP

Program Manager, Support Readiness | CISSP | Sophos Technical Support
    Support Videos | Product Documentation | @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.

Children
No Data