This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

sophos safeguard cant boot windows

Hi,

i have windows 10 Pro installed which newly install sophos safeguard disk encryption. After installation reboot able to key in PIN with no issue. In the SGN management server show this computer have be encrypted. After awhile like 10 minutes done installation the system shutdown and not able to boot back

Cant boot up via safemode as well.

Please help on this

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Force restart multiple time and also following some of the thread which have similar issue like mine requires to hold on the POST logo for more than 20 minutes. been try to login via safe mode. nothing works. definitely the simple reset method have been done. 

Now, the ssd not detected on the machine and also on the others machine which i make it as external to test and check. i believe the ssd have hardware faulthy just after enable safeguard with unknown reason. 

• On Windows 10 SGN enables Bitlocker and Bitlocker handles all the interaction with the hardware devices. Basically, if there is an issue at that stage then it would present if you turned on Bitlocker from inside windows without using SGN at all. 

Does the manufacturer of the SSDs have any notification on an incompatibility? A firmware update?

Are there any notes in Microsoft patches about Bitlocker and these SSDs?

RichardP

Program Manager, Support Readiness | CISSP | Sophos Technical Support
    Support Videos | Product Documentation | @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.

• Hi there - This does sound like it's not connected with SSG at all, but an annoying coincidence. Once this device has had its SSD replaced it may be worth enabling BitLocker natively on the device (without SSG). RichardP also raises a good point - do check all firmware/BIOS is up to date prior to encryption. 

• On Windows 10 SGN enables Bitlocker and Bitlocker handles all the interaction with the hardware devices. Basically, if there is an issue at that stage then it would present if you turned on Bitlocker from inside windows without using SGN at all. 

Does the manufacturer of the SSDs have any notification on an incompatibility? A firmware update?

Are there any notes in Microsoft patches about Bitlocker and these SSDs?

RichardP

Snr. New Product Introduction Engineer | CISSP | Sophos Technical Support
    Support Videos | Product Documentation | @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts

Hi

Where i can download last  firmware update?

• that would be based on the HDD manufacturer - not from our software.

RichardP

Program Manager, Support Readiness | CISSP | Sophos Technical Support