This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

BitLocker/SafeGuard and Forticlient VPN

Good afternoon,

We currently use Forticlient for our users to connect to our network via VPN, there is a setting on our Forticlient software to Auto Connect on sign in, this option is only allowed on the icon without the cog.

When trying to login using the cog user, that option isn't there, is there a setting somewhere?

Thanks and kind regards,

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • SafeGuard needs to authenticate so it knows who you are for policies/management. It would be fantastic if it was done just the once and passed onto other systems, but sadly the range of other credential providers it works with are slim. Now a defined EOL has been given too - I'm doubtful that any new dev will go into the product. We advise our users to just use the Sophos cog (in terms they'd appreciate) and then log into the VPN once they're in Windows. In actual fact it's just a little more long winded but still works well.

• Thanks, the reason we wanted automatic sign in for our VPN was for remoted users so GPO get applied i.e. Wallpapers etc

• GPO's will still apply once they're logged in - just not so instantly. You could always add a scheduled task to poll for GPO changes more frequently? I'm afraid to say though - you're heading into the MDM territory more and more, exactly as we found ourselves too. We now use Intune/Autopilot for this (and other) reasons. We don't have file encryption as such, but we weren't using it anyway. Our MDM managed workstations (laptops AND PC's) look and feel like an on-premise device - despite not ever being on the home network. I appreciate this isn't helpful when you want to get SSG to work, but it's a great product for fixed estate. It's always been a bit more challenging for roaming devices. Feel free to PM me directly if you wish with more detail on what we've done. Cheers

• Many thanks for your help on this, it's much appreciated. We are also looking into Intune too, so fingers crossed. Thanks again.