This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Installing Client and noticed I'm getting errors in logs

Sector-based initial encryption of drive C: failed. Reason: [-2144272355 (0x8031001D)].

Any idea's on what you think this issue might be. This is a factory computer being setup for client company. 

Please advise,

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

Would you please confirm what is the SG version you are currently using and also, the client operating system? How many machines are facing this issue? This error is usually seen when there is incorrect /not matching information about the physical and logical harddisk parameters (i.e. if you created a base image on a machine and restored the image to a new machine with a different harddisk size).
    For security and data integrity reasons, SafeGuard Enterprise / Sophos Disk Encryption Client does not start the encryption in this case. 

Shweta

Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Are you a Sophos Partner? | Product Documentation@SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.
    The New Home of Sophos Support Videos! - Visit Sophos Techvids
  • Hi  

Would you please confirm what is the SG version you are currently using and also, the client operating system? How many machines are facing this issue? This error is usually seen when there is incorrect /not matching information about the physical and logical harddisk parameters (i.e. if you created a base image on a machine and restored the image to a new machine with a different harddisk size).
    For security and data integrity reasons, SafeGuard Enterprise / Sophos Disk Encryption Client does not start the encryption in this case. 

Shweta

Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Are you a Sophos Partner? | Product Documentation@SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.
    The New Home of Sophos Support Videos! - Visit Sophos Techvids
Children