This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Migrating SEC 5.4.0 from Server 2008 R2 to Server 2016

Hello All,

I just started the migration process using the recommended guide and it wants me to backup everything in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\Enterprise Console (on the existing server) using command prompt and the DataBackupRestore.exe utility. When I went to check what was in that directory, it was only an application called ObfuscationUtil.exe.

Is this particular step necessary for the migration process since the DataBackupRestore.exe utility isn't there or any other files?

Thank you

Jeremy

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Jeremy,

The DataBackUpRestore.exe utility backs up all the required data including registry keys and databases so they can be imported to your 2016 server.  If your (x86)\Sophos\Enterprise Console folder is empty, it might be that the software was installed into a different location.  You can find out where the utility should exist by opening up services.msc on the server and right clicking Sophos Management Service > Properties > Look at the path to executable.

I'd advise upgrading to SEC 5.5.1 before performing the migration as this would be the best time to do it.  When you perform the migration, both servers must be running the same version of SEC.

• Hi Jeremy,

The DataBackUpRestore.exe utility backs up all the required data including registry keys and databases so they can be imported to your 2016 server.  If your (x86)\Sophos\Enterprise Console folder is empty, it might be that the software was installed into a different location.  You can find out where the utility should exist by opening up services.msc on the server and right clicking Sophos Management Service > Properties > Look at the path to executable.

I'd advise upgrading to SEC 5.5.1 before performing the migration as this would be the best time to do it.  When you perform the migration, both servers must be running the same version of SEC.

Children