This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Scan

Sophos Scan just finished, So far so good, but during the scan, the encryption of keyboard strokes caused me serious pain. Why? During the evening i play some games and guess what, the keyboard encryption altered during the scan all my keystrokes, so it was impossible to play.

For example, i pressed "W" for forward, but instead something else happened. First i thought my keyboard was broken, but then i made the test. I tried to set the keyboard bindings in the settings menu of the application. i selected the option Forward, the app asked me to press the corrosponding key and i pressed "W" on the keyboard, but i got an "F", i retried many times and i got a different result every time, but not the one, i was pressing.

Sophos has become a more intrusive program than before. It captures my keystrokes, alters my input and all the support is offering to turn off this kind of security, which is causing all this problems. Well if i knew which option to turn off in the dashboard, it would be nice, currently i am lucky, that i can write here, without facing any issues.

BTW. 

in the moment the Sophos Smart Scan has finished the problem was gone, but this cannot be the solution to wait or to turn off this feature. Which has become even more intrusive than the last time i had to deal with it. The last time i encoutered troubles with this feature, was when i discovered, that this encryption is altering my input in the print to pdf dialog only. What a pain.

Any ideas how to turn this crap feature off or to counter act it?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • no worries, i have cancelled my subscription, uninstalled sophos.

Seriously, using copy&paste, on-screen keyboard - for entering a text into the search box of the windows application center or a "save as"-dialog ?

Disable this feature, wow what a crappy solution. just in case something happens, to the computer, because of this disabled feature, sophos will tell me then, well why did you disable this feature. 

This explanation is against the customer and not in good faith either. So as for Sophos, go with Brexit, i am angry, Sophos failed to fix this over a long period of time. so best way for, quit the subscription and call it a day, good bye sophos.

Children
No Data