This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Best way to raise firmware bugs

I‘d like to know,

whats the best way to raise a firmware bug in new releases (like MR8).

i raised a critical bug, but Sophos is not responsing to the case.

What would be the next level to report?

Jürgen

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

Sorry for the inconvenience caused!

Please PM us your case ID. I will check and arrange assistance at earliest.

Regards,

Keyur
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Support
    Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link

• Thanks Keyur,

The WiFi Problem is fixed (AES Problem or AP15 with MS Surface).

Next the XG crash today, production was down this morning.

Sophos Germany was not able to get an engineer for the ‚already escalated case‘.

So i did a reset of the XG myself, there are no logs that show the problem at all.

Not even a ring dump helps here...

• Hi  

Is it possible for you to connect the XG device on the serial console connectivity? - https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/130693

Please also provide below details.

1. How many users are live and communicate through XG in production hours?

2. How many VPN users are connected or IPsec tunnels you have?

3. How many servers are published?

4. Did you observe any High CPU usage?

Regards,

Keyur
    Sophos Support VideosKnowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts |

• Hi,

yes i can connect with a serial console to the device. SSH is also possible, but not from external (if error occurs).

1. During production hours about 15-20 users. Yesterday XG fails (maybe at 6:00AM, at 7:30 1-2 Users where active and the FW had this failure .

2. 0 VPN Users, 1 static VPN Tunnel, 5 Users with IPSec Tunnels from Desktop PC, through XG to Customer Fortinet FW.

3. 3 maybe 5 Server (mostly web servers)

4. No, i had this only once during a Denial of Service Attack.

With a simple Disconnect/Reconnect of eth5 all is fixed. But XG is not using eth5 for production.

But XG is not designed to use more than one ext. interface (can‘t bind services to eth*)

• Hi  

We need to have serial console access to capture logs in case of XG failure.

Did you opened a separate support case or working with the same case ID?

Regards,

Keyur

• I had about 3-4 cases the last 8 month, most of the time they close the case.

In case of failure i could provide serial access with a second PC and a standalone internet connection.

But sophos is not able to get an support engineer on the phone in this situation.

And i can‘t keep my developers offline for long time.

Some urgent cases i had in the past have not been worked on for x time (x=8h , 3 days, 6days).

Support in Germany works like this...

.. Thanks for your call, blabla, i only take note of the case, ... you will be called back ..., i can‘t help, ... we don‘t give configuration help ...

No i can‘t help you with that, ... i don‘t know about feature X,Y, ...

• I had about 3-4 cases the last 8 month, most of the time they close the case.

In case of failure i could provide serial access with a second PC and a standalone internet connection.

But sophos is not able to get an support engineer on the phone in this situation.

And i can‘t keep my developers offline for long time.

Some urgent cases i had in the past have not been worked on for x time (x=8h , 3 days, 6days).

Support in Germany works like this...

.. Thanks for your call, blabla, i only take note of the case, ... you will be called back ..., i can‘t help, ... we don‘t give configuration help ...

No i can‘t help you with that, ... i don‘t know about feature X,Y, ...

Children
No Data