Introducing the Community Team - Jayrick
  • Tell us a little bit about your background. Hey, my name’s JayI’ve been with Sophos for almost 3 years. Before that, I was studying at BCIT for a diploma in Systems Administration, which is where I also worked as a level 1 helpdesk for the school. Aside from that, I managed to start my career early on by working towards a diploma right after high school. This has helped a lot since I can do a lot of things such as working on cars, travelling, burning money in Gatcha games and moving out. 
  • What’s your role at Sophos? (What products do you cover, etc.)  I am a Technical Media Producer and a former Technical Support Engineer (who you may have spoken to if you called in for Endpoint products :D). The products that I support are Sophos Anti-Virus (Central and SEC), Safeguard and Phish Threat. However, I’m expanding this knowledge since we want to cover our most popular products for upcoming videos. 
  • What are your interests/hobbies outside of work? Outside of work I play guitar, work on my car, and play a decent amount of video games. 

This is my Kramer SC211. The funny story behind this is that I bought this guitar before I even knew what a Floyd Rose bridge was and was always wondering why the tuning in Drop D sounded horribleI now have a basic Epiphone when playing in different tuning, but the Kramer is still my favourite to play on. 

As for Video Games, the Mega Man and Final Fantasy series are my favourite, but when playing with friends you can see me on Tekken, League, and Siege. 

• What would you sing at Karaoke night?  There’s a big pool of songs to choose from, but I always end off the night with either Piano Man by Billy Joel or Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond 
  • If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?  My Mom’s pasta is my favourite and I could honestly eat it forever. 
  • What's your favorite family recipe? 

I’d put my Mom’s pasta recipe, but I never bothered learning it so that she can make it for me :D 

So instead, have a cookie recipe! 

Preparation time: 40min 

Ingredients: 

• 2 cups all-purpose flour  
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda  
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt  
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted  
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar  
  • 1/2 cup white sugar  
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract  
  • 1 egg  
  • 1 egg yolk  
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips 

Procedure:  

• Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).  
  • Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.  
  • Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.  
  • In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.  
  • Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy.  
  • Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended.  
  • Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.  
  • Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets.  
  • Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.  
  • Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted.  
  • Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire rack. 

• What's your favorite movie? Snatch (2000) by Guy Ritchie 
  • Do you collect anything? I have a collection of basketball cards which my 1st grade teacher gave to me. So, if you’re out there Ms. Nazaruk, shout out to you for giving these to me, I’ll be keeping them forever! 

Here some pictures of my favourite players: 

If you have a Bill Laimbeer card and are willing to sell it, let me know! 

The greatest Pick and Roll duo: 

• If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join? 100% Backstreet Boys for the clout 
  • If money was no object, what would you do all day? If money weren’t an object that would mean that speeding tickets wouldn’t be applicable… Is professional street racer an option? Thinking 
  • If you could share a meal with any 2 individuals, living or dead, who would they be?  The two that I would pick would be Terry A. Davis (TempleOS creator) and Jahseh Onfroy (XXXTentacion). 
  • If you see a puddle on the ground, do you walk around it or over it? 

• If you could go back to anytime in history, where would you go?  I’d probably go back in time 30 years, play the stock markets, invest in bitcoin and just relax through life.  

“Born too late to explore Earth, born too early to explore space”  - Anon

• If you got to name a new country, how would you decide what to call it? I’d do an internet poll because the internet is great at hijacking those and putting in meme picks. 

Say 'Hi!' by sending me a message on the Sophos Community and connect with me on LinkedIn.

Parents
No Data
Comment
  • $core_v2_ui.GetResizedImageHtml($comment.User.AvatarUrl, 44, 44, "%{border='0px', alt=$comment.User.DisplayName, ResizeMethod='ZoomAndCrop'}")
    $core_v2_ui.UserPresence($comment.User.Id) $comment.User.DisplayName
    This comment is under review.
Children
No Data