Exploring more ways to contact Sophos Technical Support

Hi All,

We have created a short survey to gather feedback on whether we should offer additional channels for contacting Sophos Technical Support via messaging apps. Currently customers can correspond with Support via phone, web form, email, web portal (SophServ), Live Chat, and Twitter.

It’s a very short survey and we would appreciate hearing from you!

Link to survey This survey is now closed (April 15th 2019).

Thanks,

• Hi ,

The reported URL is not marked malicious by Sophos. I would request  you to Post these queries at community Chat group or the respective product group. I will DM you the addtional details.

community.sophos.com/.../community-chat

Regards,

Gowtham Mani

• Queued for over 7 hours today, I can't make random changes that impact traffic, and can't change things that might break if I'm holding for 2+ hours waiting for assistance to resolve subsequent issue.  debugging MTU and slow VPN is time consuming, but waiting on hold for hours when your network is down is totally unacceptable.

• Same experience here, no case notes, passing problem off and having to start over with new person, 7 hours in hold queue today, 2 hours yesterday, opened a web ticket and no ack email, no trace of that email to be found.    This is a crucial network component, that impacts user productivity and our business.  if you guys are serious about being enterprise class, you need to reduce time in queue to less than 30 minutes and give your support staff time/ability to follow up if a call is dropped (2 times today as well).  I can't state enough that  2+ hour hold times per call are unacceptable.  

• currently, at least for me, none of these are working and I cannot login to my firewall via private or public ip address.

• Hi ,

I have reached out to you via PM to follow up with you regarding your issue. However in the future, I would advise to please raise your query in the related Community Group.

• Hi ,

My sincere apologies for this negative experience with our support team. I have reached out to you via PM so that I can follow up accordingly with your support case.

• Hai is it any video tutorial available for sophos xg firewall configure Email Protection in MTA mode with office 365.

• Now having a little more experience with support, one more thing I would add is that I opened a ticket this morning on the SophServ site and was unable to upload a file with my screen shots.  The link redirects to the community page and I have no idea where it's trying to send me to to upload my file.  Get a support board that will do everything in one place.  Too many sites to log into and it's very confusing between sites.

• i've completed the survey. I had trouble adding another option for method - Skype / Teams would be good

• For emergency cases it would be good - a chat window with technical support (can be seen in Android-Devices ... ?) ?

Not with customer support ...

• The number of ways to contact you is fine - all I think needs doing is to tidy up the community pages so articles that are - say 5 years old have to be explicitly selected. Just had some 13 year old discussion coming up. I think that should be in the Wayback machine or the Museum of Computing History.

• We are with Sophos for mote than 10 years the support not helpful at all spicily the ME support region they are wasting my time at the end escalating the issue to a different team  I'm always trying to fix my problem and try to avoid contacting the support

• how do I locate CHAT SUPPORT on the Sophos Central Dashboard?

• There's a bug in the survey. Question #3 does not accept an "Other" answer as a valid response - responders need to select something else as a result.  I would not trust the results of this survey if I were you

• I did the survey, but @3 other is not seen as an option. so I took a random app I think (like some others) the current supportways are sufficient enough. Support response times and quality of the support is more important.

I would vote to keep sophserv in place, since this is the best way to get the ticket created and assigned at the right queue.

My workflow is:

1: create ticket in sophserv

2: in case of urgent matters, call in and press 1 and ticketnumber.

3: wait, wait and wait till someone finally picks up the phone.

4: in case of overflow to Philipines, thank the gent/lady for picking up the phone and go to point 2

5: repeat the process 2 to 5 till issue is fixed

Now, be honest: Is this how it should be?

Regards,

Arno