Fri 25-Mar-2011 23:51
I'm a university student in Australia, and we're able to download Sophos 9.5 endpoint for free to use. I've recently updated my notebook to win 7 and then installed Sophos. At that stage it was all good. After installing the free Comodo firewall, whenever I click on scan in the Sophos control panel, it opens and freezes.
Few points of clarification:
1. Notebook: newly purchase macbook pro (1 month old) dual booted
2. Windows 7 is the 64bit OS
3. Comodo firewall is 64bit
4. No other software or h/ware was installed or added between working Sophos and non-working
The update manager still works fine. The freeze is so bad that it does not allow me to operate anything in windows, so I have to force a shut down. When restarting it goes to safe mode.
1. Is there something I'm doing wrong here?
2. Why does it seem that whenever I download virus scanning software or firewall software (legal copies) and then view them via windows explorer it slows everything down and that stupid green bar in the address bar moves so slowly!
3. Any suggestions for free (and good) firewalls for win 7, 64bit?
Thanks in advance.
Sat 26-Mar-2011 00:31
I would suggest sending the link:
and explain that it hangs SAV and could be a problem file.
As for other firewalls:
You could check if you can download the Sophos one? Otherwise, Maybe Agnitum or Zonealarm or maybe just enable the Windows firewall until you get a response from the Labs on the file.