Occasional Visitor
wprensky

Re: Is any one else seeing this alert

Many thanks - the update when through - so I am going to hope that the listed files (about 200 of them :smileysad: ) will start to work again - we took no action knowing we could only make things worse.  Thanks for all the help - despite the "sophos just committed suicide" comments on here by others, I think you guys have done a very good job of both staying on top of this and of keeping in touch with us.  Well Done!

Occasional Visitor
jpuser

Re: Is any one else seing this alert - Ssh/Updater-B False positives

Can the people who have this resolved please post what version of binaries they're running?

Occasional Visitor
NetTechknolgy

If items were deleted on our server that were in the quarantined list, how do I restore them? Will this effect anything on the server/network/clients? How would I view excactly what got deleted? Plz help, thnx

Advisor
markho

Re: Is any one else seing this alert

What version is "fixed?"

The latest I have seen anyone mention, and the verison I am at, is 1.3.2.176 but this doesn't seem to be the "fixed" version.

Employee
Nathan

jpuser wrote:

Can the people who have this resolved please post what version of binaries they're running?

The issue is with agen-xuv.ide, there are no issues with the binaries. The fix for the fp is in javab-jd.ide.

Occasional Visitor
Drake

So is this true,,, that if they are just in quarantine and not auto moved or deleted,, the new ide will take them out of quarantine?

Occasional Advisor
LukeMurphy

Just making sure it's not missed due to so many posts, sorry for the spamming. =)

Occasional Advisor
PatrickNit

Nice work Nathan! We now have the update!

Employee
Nathan

markho wrote:

What version is "fixed?"

The latest I have seen anyone mention, and the verison I am at, is 1.3.2.176 but this doesn't seem to be the "fixed" version.

The fix is in an IDE, not in an update to SUM. SUM will download the ide javab-jd.ide. You are on the latest version of SUM, you just need the IDE. If you're getting the download failure message in SUM, please try deleting agen-xuv.ide from you SUM servers program files\sophos\sophos anti-virus directory and restarting savservice. that should get your SUM to update again.

Occasional Visitor
MPGTucker

[ Edited ]

Create a batch file with these contents:

----------

@Echo OFF
:: Sophos Fix by Matt Tucker

Net Stop SAVService
If Exist "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus\agen-xuv.ide" (Del "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus\agen-xuv.ide"&Echo File Deleted)
If Exist "C:\Program Files\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus\agen-xuv.ide" (Del "C:\Program Files\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus\agen-xuv.ide"&Echo File Dleted)
Net Start SAVService

----------

Run this on your server, then perform an update. Once the server has been properly updated run this on every PC affected, pick your tool to do this. Thanks to Nathan for the heads up on the ide file.