Mon 17-Dec-2012 15:27
I seem to be having a problem with the Web Control on the Windows 7 pcs on my network. The Web Control works perfect on all the XP pcs but when it comes to the 7 pcs it will say "enabled" but it doesn't seem to be blocking anything. Is there an additional setting I need to change somewhere?
My sever is a Windows 2003 server.
Thanks in advance,
Solved! Go to Solution.
Tue 18-Dec-2012 15:39
If you go to one of those Win 7 macines and point a broswer to:
If you have "Block access to malicious websites" checked in the AV/HIPS policy you should see a web event.
How about: http://www.sophostest.com/adult/index.html
That should show as a web event if you block access to adult web sites. If neither of these trigger an event, check to see if there is an error about the web filter.
Tue 18-Dec-2012 19:12
Upon further testing. On one windows 7 PC the Web Control works but on the other 2 they don't see to be working. ( I did a small install on my network to make sure I worked out any bugs before I installed it on all the PCs)
I don't seem to be having this problem at all on the XP computers.