Administrator
spike

FAQ: why should I register?

[ Edited ]

Why should I register?

If you don't register, you'll still be able to view all of the public content in the forums, but you won't be able to add your own questions or comment. To do that, you need to register, using the link that's just below the title banner, above. Once registered, you'll also be able to build a personalised user profile, and award points for quality posts and their contributors. If you start to post your own content, or tag other posts, you'll start to earn points that will propel you up the ranks system. The community's highest achievers get access to a private VIP discussion space, along with other rewards that we'll explain in the near future. There's a separate posting that explains the ranks and promotions system.

What information will I be asked to supply?

Click on the Register link, above. You'll be asked for a first and second name, then your email address, then you'll need to select and confirm a password. You'll be sent an email confirming your email contact details. Once you've used the embedded link to click back through to the registration process, you'll be asked to select a screen name. This will appear on all your posts, and will be used to identify you within the community. Your email address will not be visible.

Note that you should use a genuine and current email address. If you don't, you won't be able to activate your account by responding to the email sent by SophosTalk.

Once you're a registered user, you simply use the "Sign In" link and your registered email address to visit again. Visiting often will help you gain promotion through the ranking system.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
SophosTalk community manager, SOPHOS
Knowledgebase  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
If a post solves your question use the Accept as Solution button and award kudos.