This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Give us your thoughts, feedback and questions on the new Sophos Community

Give us your thoughts, feedback and questions on the new Sophos Community.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I've been a Sophos Community member for years and in all that time, I've used the Firefox browser to read and contribute to the postings.

While it's possible to read postings on the new Community system using Firefox, I cannot post anything because signing in is necessary first and the sign-in page doesn't even display in Firefox unless all extensions are disabled, which I don't wish to do. I will troubleshoot this further and if I find a solution, I'll pass it along since Firefox still offers users control while Safari, which I've had to use to renew my membership in the Community, is becoming iPhone-centric.

-After some experimentation, the extension causing the problem is RequestPolicy which controls cross-site requests. Allowing the sites which are listed as being blocked (I saw only two) when the RequestPolicy icon is clicked has so far brought back the Community functions.

• while i liked the original feel of SophosFreeTalk this update for SophosCommunity is a lot nicer in terms of where your profile and notifications are posted

the only issues i have is how you have to subscribe to groups in order to comment on their posts and that the text seems a bit too big for posts

• Thanks for the comments and we're glad you like the new Sophos Community. Sandy has responded to your other comment and we'll work on it.
  • 1. Can no longer use Firefox here, my default browser, since with NoScript, which I use, the number of scripts needing to be allowed in order to login now is just silly. This time, I took a chance and kept allowing or temporarily allowing all, which I don't like to do unless I've first checked out each one of them--just too many of them to do that properly. Besides that, have to pause Ghostery blocking, thereby allowing in several trackers (WTF is DoubleClick, one of the worst, doing here?). Have to use Safari instead, without any script filtering, which I'm not very happy with.

2. Looks like not all the data has been migrated across from the old format. E.g. not seeing any of my posts in the 9.4.0 thread, where there's a big hole between 8/8 and 8/16.

3. The new format is not very intuitive. The old one was far easier to navigate in and post.

4. If needing to subscribe to post to a group is now necessary, that is a big PITA.

5. The "Related Content" popup is very annoying.

6.  My overall assessment: not very good. The old format was much more user friendly. Will see how this plays out, but don't think I'll be here all that often anymore.

• Some good news: might encounter some other issues in the future, but at least for now looks like I can login and post from Firefox running NoScript after all. Don't need to allow anything in Ghostery, can leave Adblock Plus enabled, and only need to allow the main domain, community.sophos.com, in NoScript.

• Already said that no posts to the 9.4 beta thread between 8/8 and 8/16 are showing up. I posted several times there during that interval with replies from bobcook, so it couldn't have been read only.

I am seeing that there has been a post from bobcook, dated today 8/20 to that 9.4 thread, but its content doesn't show up--just that there was a post.

Posted to that thread today, which I can see in my activity (and in bobcook's activity as well--just that there was post, but no content0--neither post is actually displaying.
  • im having trouble with the notifications tab in the top-right corner

i keep clicking on the little "X" to not receive notifications from post i didnt even comment/know even existed. But whenever i reopen the notifications tab the thread(s) i thought i deleted come back. I cant seem to get rid of them entirely

the other issue im having is that i cant send a private message, or even a regular message, to someone. if i have a question or concern want to tell someone how do i notify them directly and privately?
  • this is so disjointed. I know you want to migrate from vbull but this is not it. I cannot put into words the jarring experience this is and not just for the sake of it's different. This simply doesn't have the feature set of vbull in any form that i can see. Now if i am wrong let me know and i'll sit corrected..:) I am william on the astaro.org forums btw...:) I am assuming this is built in house? if so keep working..:) if not have you thought of phpbb? it is very similar to vbull and you cannot beat the price....:) Plus it is VERY extensible.
  • I agree with William. Are there any plans to break this forum into some subsets so discussions can be focused and easily found?
    Ian

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• From the sophos staff interactions, I believe that this is the new bb layout. It seems that forum bugs are being beta tested but this is the final look and feel? If so then good luck with people coming in and trying to resolve their issues.

I guess support must not be receiving enough calls so you guys decided to hose a completely working bulletin board where users could actually help each other and turned this into community forum where nobody can find anything so they have to call support?

Like William, I don't even know where to begin. Heck I can't even figure out how to post correctly without posting under someone else's post which in most forums mean that you are replying to that one person.

I understand that you want to move forward from astaro but this is not it. Really sophos this is not it... totally disappointed.